The British Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai's Legal and Compliance Committee is delighted to host a hybrid sharing to address in-bound/out-bound investments and arbitration-related issues. The event will feature the following two panels:
PANEL 1: Investment Conditions in China and Abroad
In this panel, high-level company representatives and partner-level representatives from international law firms, each with extensive experience in China and abroad, will share valuable insights on investment conditions in China, the EU and the UK.
Regarding investment in China, the panel will delve into critical issues including:
- Sino-European joint ventures
- Establishment and administration of wholly foreign-owned companies
- Special conditions in Chinese Pilot Free Trade Zones, such as corporate tax reductions
- Details about the "Negative Lists for Foreign Investment Access"
In relation to investments abroad, Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) in the EU with a focus on the EU FDI Regulation and M&A-related issues will be addressed. Investment conditions in the UK will in particular highlight the situation for Chinese investors.
PANEL 2: Dispute Resolution Between Chinese and European Parties
- This panel will focus on the specific requirements for and pitfalls in relation to arbitration agreements between Chinese and European parties. The panel will also highlight differences and requirements for arbitrations seated inside or outside of China. Another focus will be on arbitration-related specifics in the context of Sino-European joint venture agreements and entities (Chinese Supreme People's Court's foreign-related contract criteria, applicable laws, etc.), complex multi-party arbitrations involving consolidations and joinders of additional/third parties and the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in China. The panel will discuss these issues from the perspective of legal practitioners, academics, companies and both Chinese and international arbitration institutions.
- 1:30 pm-1:45 pm: Arrival and Networking
- 1:45 pm-2:15 pm: organizers' welcome remarks and signing ceremony with SHIAC
- 2:15 pm-4:00 pm: Panel 1: Investment Conditions in China and Abroad (including 30 minutes panel discussion/Q&A)
- 4:00 pm-4:20 pm: Networking Break
- 4:20 pm-6:00 pm: Panel 2: Dispute Resolution Between Chinese and European Parties (including 30 minutes panel discussion/Q&A)
- 6:00 pm-6:30 pm: Networking Session
*The Chamber reserves the right to alter the above agenda at its sole discretion.
- For online attendees, the webinar will be conducted via ZOOM. You will receive an email with a ZOOM meeting ID and password around 12 pm, 20 November. Please ensure your email address is valid, and please make sure to check your junk box as well.
- In case of cancellation, please kindly note you must email the BritCham Shanghai Event staff email@example.com before 12 pm, 20 November 2023. Due to the service charges of Glueup and online payment platforms, we can only partially refund up to 90% of your ticket price and payment will be processed within 14 days after the event via your original payment method. However, it is non-refundable for a cancellation request made beyond the above-mentioned timeframe.